Emergency radiology is quite young as a subspecialty within the imaging field, but it has gained enormous significance in recent years. Emergencies constitute a substantial portion of radiological cases and require efficient, effective handling with correct diagnoses and decisions in a timely manner.
Visit our online Emergency Room and find out how radiologists’ expertise makes a difference in various emergency scenarios!
In the majority of hospitals today, radiologists are integral members of the emergency unit, and are in charge of sequencing, prioritisation and management of imaging services. Wherever this is the case, the outcome is impressive; not only is trauma imaging improved, with resulting lower morbidity and mortality, but all emergency patients benefit from the closer relationship between radiologists and the emergency department team.
IDoR 2017 highlights this essential role that radiologists play in the emergency room, increasing the quality of care and treatment of patients.
To underline the significance of emergency radiology in various regions of the world and to show its current place in today’s medical healthcare spectrum, the ESR has conducted numerous interviews with experts from throughout Europe, Latin America and the United States.
Emergency Radiology Societies
- European Society of Emergency Radiology
- American Society of Emergency Radiology
- British Society of Emergency Radiology
- Sociedad Española de Radiología de Urgencias
- Fédération d’Imagerie Urgence
- Australian and New Zealand Emergency Radiology Group
- Society for Emergency Radiology – India
- Swiss Society of Emergency Radiology